I Need Help To Update My Existing Website
Like most things in life, if you are staying still, you are going backward. And this is no more true than in the online world, where the rate of change is exponential.
Your business website is an investment in the success of your business; just like your house may need to be updated to accommodate a growing family, it’s likely your current website design may no longer be meeting your needs.
Ask yourself these 5 questions about your current website design:
- Is your website mobile responsive?
- Does your website promote and sell your business?
- Does it reflect your current business and is the information up-to-date and relevant?
- Do you love your website and are proud to tell people about it?
- Does your website allow you to connect with new visitors, engage with current clients and make it easy for others to refer?
If not, then it’s time to consider updating your website with a website redesign and makeover.
Let us take it from a cringe-worthy ugly duckling to a bright shining beacon, and let’s get your website back working for you so you will be shouting it from the rooftops.
Invest In Your Small Business Website To Expand Your Business Presence
Many discover that their business has grown and evolved, and their current website design no longer performs the way they would like or serves the function required, especially with the recent growth in people using mobile devices.
With changes in technology or customer expectations, perhaps you may want to:
- sell goods online
- have customers book online for an appointment
- view your growing portfolio and showcase your work
- join your membership or club
- easily download resources
- display videos
- or simply just have everything function as it should and look like you want it to.
Now is the time to invest in having a better website that works for you.
A Professional Website To Represent Your Business
Your website is often the first impression someone has of your business. Answer these questions about your current website:
- Is the initial impression positive? Or does it have people leaving just as quickly as they found you?
- Does your website tell people what they want to know about your business and help guide them?
- Does it make it easy for them to take the next step, to buy a product or book in for an appointment or ask for a quote?
- Does it make them feel like you can help solve their problems by providing enough information about you and what you do? Or does it leave them wanting more?
- Do they feel like they can trust you?
- Is it easy for them to find the information they are after?
- Does it clearly outline your products and services?
- Does it tell them how they can get in contact with you?
- Does it build your database so you can follow up and market to them later?
Your website should be working just as hard as you do to turn leads into paying customers.
Did you know that more than 60% of online searches are now carried out on mobile devices such as a smartphone or tablet? And this uptake is only going to increase, so being mobile friendly is no longer an option… it’s essential to have customers connect with you and easily navigate your website from their phones.
Having a mobile responsive website is not just important for your visitor’s experience and interaction, it is also necessary for SEO.
Google knows this and penalises websites in the search results that are not mobile responsive, which may be sending traffic to your competition.
There are other reasons why you need your website to be up-to-date. And one of the most important reasons is security.
Security is a major concern. There are constant releases to the core software, themes, and plugins, with many new releases focusing on improved and increased security features.
Unfortunately, many business owners that had their website built a while ago have not touched them in a long time, often since it was initially launched many years ago. This leaves the website vulnerable to hackers, who actively target sites like this since they are easier to break into.
Don't think your small business website will be targeted by hackers? Think again... have a quick read of this article by Wordfence Security looking specifically at what hackers do with compromised websites.
As the old saying goes, prevention is better than cure; and as such, you want to avoid any security threats by keeping your business website safe and secure and backed up on a regular basis.
Other Factors Why Your Website Needs Updating
- Your staff, or product/service range has changed or grown, and your website needs updating to reflect this
- Your website is slow to load which means visitors are leaving your website in droves loading speed
- It’s not easy to navigate and find what people are looking for
- It's running on an old platform, meaning that making even the smallest of changes is difficult
- Need to increase functionality and implement new digital marketing strategies such as content marketing, email marketing, social media integration, or SEO.
There are many reasons why you may want to update your site. And we understand that you probably want to stay focused on running your business; not worrying about the technicalities of how to make changes to your site, or which changes you should be making.
Regardless of what changes you would like to make, give us a call and we can have a chat about what you would like to do, and what the best options are for your budget so that you can achieve your goals online.
Feel free to contact us to see how we can help you.
BOOK IN FOR A 15 MINUTE CALL NOW
Lock in your free 15 minute strategy session to learn how you can generate more leads to your website.